Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby New Year



He wasn't the first or even the last baby to be born on that new year's day of 1990. He came as usual at his own pace somewhere around 9:13 pm. He came into this world peeing and not breathing and at that moment my heart stopped. They whisked him down the hall to the NICU, oldmanmac and most of our family running behind. Don't let him be alone for a minute i cried thru my tears and fright.
Now here's my pook at 17, the one who makes me laugh and reminds me not to take myself so seriously, the one who awes me with his brain and the things he knows. When did the tide turn and i am now asking him to explain? Why did we fight the French & Indian war? He knows. Why must those with no children pay school taxes, his argument is persuasive. He keeps me on my toes so i can be a mom to be proud of, as proud as i am of him.
Love ya pookie.

No comments: